Brochure Type: Hidden Journey Central America 2017
From San Jose and Sarapiqui to the Los Angeles Cloud Forest and Carrillo Beach-the urban highlights and natural wonders of Costa Rica are revealed on this in-depth adventure.You'll enjoy Insider moments like... waking up to something new and exciting every morning and trekking through some of the most biodiverse regions of the world. Experience the locals in the urban cities and breathe in deeply the fresh air of tropical rain forests. From active volcanoes and dry plains to coastal beaches and green cloud forests, every day is a new adventure.
- View the Arenal and Rincon de la Vieja Volcano and Samara Beach
- Visit Sarapiqui, a local coffee plantation, Arenal National Park, Borinquen, Carrillo Beach, Palo Verde National Park and the Los Angeles Cloud Forest Reserve
- 8 full breakfasts.
- 3 lunches (including Be My Guest).
- 4 dinners.
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Rain ponchos and umbrellas provided for your use
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call 410-730-8100 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13358039
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||San Jose||Arrive San Jose: Welcome to San José. Your journey begins with a warm greeting at the airport from a local host and a transfer to your hotel. At 6 p.m., gather at the hotel with your Travel Director and travelling companions for a Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Arenal||San Jose - Sarapiqui - Arenal (2 Nights): This morning, head toward the Poas Volcano area, where you visit a local coffee plantation. Learn about coffee production in Costa Rica from the owner and sample a cup of gourmet coffee. Then, continue to Sarapiquí, an off the beaten path and rarely visited area surrounded by dense rainforests and full of wildlife. Here you are welcomed by Don Alberto and Doña Ana Quintana for a Be My Guest experience at their beautiful home, Hacienda Pozo Azul. Enjoy a tour of the plantation before sitting down for a luncheon with your hosts. Afterward, continue to La Fortuna de San Carlos, home of the giant Arenal Volcano. The afternoon is free for you to relax by the pool or in the hotel's beautifully landscaped hot springs.Full Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining, Dinner|
Arenal Kioro Hotel Suites and Spa
|Day 3||Arenal||Arenal Sightseeing and Free Time: Start the day with an informative visit at the Asis Project, a wildlife refuge where you will learn how the centre helps preserve the life of endangered animals and get up close and personal with a wide variety of animals. Then, savour a typical Costa Rican lunch before an entertaining Cultural Insight, brightened by the dances of children at a local education center. Afterward, enjoy a guided visit to the Arenal Hanging Bridges where you can walk eye-level within the lush canopy, observing monkeys, sloths and colourful chattering birds up close. Full Breakfast, Lunch|
|Day 4||Borinquen||Arenal - Borinquen (2 Nights): Today, head toward the Guanacaste province. Famous for its cowboys and cattle ranches, you'll be surrounded by breathtaking views of open fields. View Rincon de la Vieja Volcano, a smooth cinder cone volcano made up of 9 contiguous craters before arriving at your hotel in Borinquen. The beautiful resort offers spectacular sights and an abundance of relaxing activities.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
Borinquen Mountain Resort and Spa
|Day 5||Borinquen||Borinquen Free Time: The day is free for you to pursue your own interests. Thrill seekers can bike the miles of trails, zip line, take a hike or set off on a horseback ride. The property's thermal hot springs and natural steam room are available if pure relaxation is what you're after. There are dozens of unique options. Full Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 6||Carrillo Beach||Borinquen - Palo Verde - Carrillo Beach (2 Nights): Today, descend to the pristine Carrillo Beach at Nicoya Peninsula. This white sand beach is a secret paradise framed by mountains. En route, enjoy a boat ride on the Tempisque River through the famous Palo Verde National Park. Cruise through 12 different types of habitats, including 4 different species of mangrove trees, 55 aquatic plants and 150 species of trees, a real treasure for those who love and appreciate nature. After a typical lunch served in the park, continue the journey to your hotel where the rest of the day is at leisure. Full Breakfast, Lunch|
Nammbu - Beachfront Bungalows
|Day 7||Carrillo Beach||Carrillo Beach Free Time: A white sand beach right off your bungalow, pristine and warm water and a beautiful blue sky is the perfect way to enjoy the "pura vida" way of living of the locals. If you wish, take the shuttle to the township of Samara for lunch at one of its casual restaurants, do some shopping, or perhaps embark on an optional experience such as snorkelling, kayaking or surfing-the options are endless. Your Travel Director is on hand to help plan the perfect day. Full Breakfast|
|Day 8||CLOUD FOREST||Carrillo Beach - Los Angeles Cloud Forest: Mid-morning, travel back toward San José, but not before one last stop in the Los Angeles Cloud Forest. In this beautiful reserve, the weather is much cooler, and rain is expected during the afternoons. Join your Travel Director for a different type of experience as you are taken on a nocturnal visit through the Cloud Forest-when the sun goes down, the Cloud Forest transforms itself like no other habitat in the world. You'll see countless species of animals, birds, insects and plants. Later, share experiences with your fellow travellers at a Farewell Dinner.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
Villa Blanca Los Angeles Cloud Forest
|Day 9||Depart San Jose||Cloud Forest - Depart San Jose: Travel back to San José's Juan Santamaria International Airport for your flight or extend your stay at the Studio Hotel.Full Breakfast|
- Crossovers: All 2016 departures will operate per the 2016 brochure. Hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class